Geranium sanguineum 'Album'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This pretty cranesbill is smothered with pure white, cup shaped flowers from May though to June. Thriving in full sun or partial shade, it quickly forms loose hummocks of deeply cut, dark green leaves, which is valuable for suppressing weeds. Try it as part of a cottage garden scheme or towards the front of a mixed border.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.