Lupinus 'Chandelier' (Band of Nobles Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, slightly acid, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July and sometimes again in September
- Flower colour: shades of yellow
- Other features: the seeds can cause severe discomfort if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Cheerful spires of yellow, pea-like flowers, each with a darker standard, appear from June to July above dense clumps of mid-green leaves. This popular cottage garden perennial is perfect for the middle of a sunny border. To encourage a second flush of flowers in September and prevent the plant from looking scruffy, deadhead after the first flowers have faded.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in spring before the flowers appear and deadhead the faded blooms to encourage a second flush of flowers. Avoid excessive winter wet.