Daphne odora Marianni ® ('Rogbret') (PBR)
- 13cm pot
- available within:
- 2-3 days excludes weekends
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Each leaf has a broad, creamy-yellow edge, which creates quite a pronounced variegation that will help illuminate shadier beds. From late winter the rounded clusters of pink flowers, which form at the ends of the leafy branches, open and fill the surrounding air with their delicious scent. This handsome evergreen has a rounded shape, and is ideal for a mixed shrub border or woodland garden. Try not to plant it too far away from a footpath or entrance though, as you will want to take full advantage of the flowers' sweet perfume.
Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum as the plant is susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering, lightly trim to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit.