Clematis Angela ('Zonang')
clematis (group 2)
- 2 litre pot
- available within:
- sold out
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and August to September
- Flower colour: pink and white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
In late spring or early summer large flowers with white-edged, pale pink petals, each with a dark pink stripe down their length, appear on the twining stems of this compact climber. In late summer a second flush of flowers may appear, but this time the colour of the pink stripe may not be as noticeable. As it is not too vigorous, it makes an excellent option for a large patio pot.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.