Primula japonica 'Apple Blossom'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Other features: spoon-shaped, mid-green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Stout stems emerge from the basal rosette of foliage in late spring bearing whorls of pink buds, which open in succession over several weeks. Initially blush pink, the flowers fade to near white as they age. Plant these moisture loving perennials in bold drifts for best effect.
- Garden care: Divide large clumps after the plant has flowered, preferably during a wet spell.