Mexican feather grass
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, medium to light, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: silver-green maturing to blonde-buff
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wonderful, wispy, pale yellow-green leaves topped with fluffy plumes of silver-green flowers, maturing to blonde-buff. This versatile deciduous grass is ideal for a sunny gravel garden, large container or new perennial border. It's perfect for introducing movement into a planting scheme since the fluffy flower heads and foliage billow in the slightest breeze.
- Garden care: Cut back in early spring before the new foliage appears.