- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: pale to deep purple
- Other features: the aromatic flowers and leaves can be used for making pot-pourri
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense spikes of fragrant, pale to deep purple, summer flowers and steely, grey-green foliage. This compact English lavender makes a fabulous, flowering informal hedge. Perfect for a sunny, well-drained site the fragrant flower-spikes are highly attractive to bees and other beneficial insects.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.