grape 'Regent' (PBR)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, preferably neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: tiny green flowers
- Other features:fiery autumn foliage colour
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A fairly vigorous, disease-resistant, outdoor grape that will produce clusters of blue-black, edible grapes that have a deliciously sweet flavour. Its attractive foliage forms great summer cover when grown over a pergola, and it turns vibrant shades of red and orange in autumn before it falls. For good fruit development, it will appreciate being grown against a warm and sunny, south-facing wall with protection from cold winds.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate plenty of well-rotted organic matter in to the planting hole. Prune in mid-winter, cutting back to fit the available space, and again in mid-summer if necessary.