- Pixy 10lt (bush)
- available within:
- 2-3 days excludes weekends
- Position: full sun
- Soil: will tolerate most soils, except very chalky or badly drained
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Ultimate size on St Julian A rootstock: 4 x 4m (13x13ft)
- Ultimate size on Pixy rootstock: 3 x 3m (10x10ft)
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: top quality culinary or dessert plum (late September)
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A reliable, self-fertile plum which produces a heavy crop of large, pale red fruit with golden-yellow flesh, which can be used for cooking, canning, bottling or just eating fresh. The single, white flowers are produced in spring and fruiting picking can start in late August. It is one of the most popular plum trees available but does need the fruit to be thinned to avoid biennial fruiting.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in summer to reduce the risk of silver leaf and bacterial canker.