Helenium 'Mardi Gras'
- 9cm pot
- available within:
- 2-3 days excludes weekends
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: June
- Flowers: yellow, orange and red
- Other features: useful as cut flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Support with bamboo canes or link stakes well before the flowers appear. Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. Lift and divide congested colonies in autumn or spring every two to three years.
The unusually coloured flowerheads consist of a ring of ray florets, which are irregularly blotched with shades of yellow orange or red, radiating from a prominent brown central cone. Ideal for hot themed borders.