- 9cm pot
- available within:
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Other features: all parts of the plant may cause severe discomfort if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Stunning, deep purple, velvety flowers with gold streaks on the falls appear from June above strappy, grey-green leaves. This clump-forming, beardless iris, related to the moisture-loving Siberian iris, makes an eyecatching feature in a boggy area of the garden, or beside water.
- Garden care: Incorporate plenty of well-rotted garden compost or manure into the planting hole. Do not allow the plant to dry out.