Paeonia lactiflora 'Adolphe Rousseau'
paeony / peony
- 11cm pot
- available within:
- 2-3 days excludes weekends
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: red
- Other features: red mottled stems
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a top-dressing of a balanced slow release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch well with well rotted garden compost or manure. The older stems of tree peonies have a tendency to become brittle and snap so cut these back to the ground in autumn every two or three years.
Fragrant, intense, red semi-double or double flowers from early to mid summer and dark green leaves. This lovely, long lived, late flowering peony is perfect for a border in full sun or partial shade. The foliage provides interest from early spring, when the red mottled stems first emerge from the ground.