Penstemon digitalis 'Husker Red'
- 9cm pot
- available within:
- 2-3 days excludes weekends
Pink-tinted white, bell-shaped flowers are produced along tall spires from early to late summer. The young foliage adds a splash of colour too as it emerges maroon-red then fades to green. Like all penstemons, it is perfect for the middle of a sunny, mixed or herbaceous border. For the best results chose a well-drained site, since it strongly dislikes waterlogged winter soils.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: pink-tinged, white flowers
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection in cold areas)
- Garden care: Remove the faded blooms regularly to prolong flowering. Cut back and compost the spent flower stems in autumn and apply a dry mulch around the crown of the plant to protect against frost damage