Viola sororia 'Freckles'
- 9cm pot
- available within:
- 2-3 days (exc. weekends)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to July
- Other features: self-seeds freely
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An abundance of white flowers, each attractively freckled with violet-purple, appear in spring and early summer on this delightful herbaceous perennial. It tolerates damp soils better than most, and is a prolific self-seeder, which may spread rapidly in ideal conditions.
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted leaf mould or garden compost when planting. Protect young plants from slug-damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps. Deadhead the spent blooms to prolong flowering.