Helianthus 'Lemon Queen'
Helianthus Lemon Queen
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: lemon-yellow
- Other features: contact with the foliage may aggravate skin allergies; excellent cut flowers; heart-shaped, mid to dark green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of large, lemon-yellow, daisy-like flowers up to 15cm (6in) across from July to September. These radiant sunflowers are ideal for providing a splash of colour towards the back of a sunny border. Ideal for the novice or young gardener, gathered while still in bud they make long-lasting, contemporary cut flowers.
- Garden care: Top dress each year with a generous layer of well-rotted manure. Divide clumps every 3 - 4 years to maintain vigour.