Veronicastrum virginicum 'Fascination'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to August
- Flower colour: lilac-blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Upright, leafy stems are topped with candelabra-like racemes of lilac-blue flowers from midsummer. Tall and elegant plants, which are valuable for adding colour and interest towards the back of the border, their silhouette will remain interesting well into winter.
- Garden care: Divide plants in spring. Apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.