Cerinthe major 'Purpurascens'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to August
- Flower colour: purple-blue
- Other features: the flowers are highly attractive to bees and other beneficial insects; self-seeds freely
- Hardiness: fully hardy annual
Nodding, purple-blue flowers appear throughout the summer abovethe whorls of fleshy, blue-green leaves. A hardy annual, which will self-seed freely, it looks great in both pots or mixed borders.
- Garden care: In autumn group container-grown plants close to a warm house wall, ensuring that containers are raised off the ground using pot feet.