Echinacea 'Green Envy' (PBR)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: most soils, except very dry or boggy
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: pale lime green flushed with pink
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers; toothed, dark green leaves; attractive to butterflies and bees
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The most unusual and exotic selection made to date in this rapidly expanding genus. The broad petals emerge from bud a light, lime green and gradually develop a pink flush at their base. The prominent central cone will change colour as it matures too, and turn from shades of green to purple. The flowers are long lasting and are held on strong stems above the dark green foliage.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies in autumn or spring. In autumn cut back all dead flower stems to the ground.