- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of Growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Valuable groundcover, this clump-forming perennial has handsome foliage, which may have purple-brown blotches and in late spring and early summer, maroon or near black flowers with white centres.
- Garden care: In mid-summer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded by removing old flower stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.