- Position: partial or full shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July and August
- Flower colour: lavender-blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Puckered, olive-green leaves with irregular, white margins and spikes of funnel-shaped, lavender-blue flowers in July and August. This vigorous, variegated hosta is perfect for illuminating shady areas of the garden. One of our recommended plants, it makes an eye-catching groundcover plant for a fertile, moist, well-drained border.
- Garden care: Water your hosta well as soon as you plant it (avoiding the foliage if possible), and then water it regularly and thoroughly - particularly during the first growing season. You'll get thicker, lusher leaves if you give your hostas a really good feed. An annual mulch in spring or autumn will help to keep the weeds down and is an easy way to improve soil and boost nutrient levels. Slugs and snails love hostas, so you will need to protect against them. Use an organic nematode treatment in early spring to ward them off - or pot them up into a gravel-topped pot.